Why should I buy an alarm or alarm system?
"Invest in" is
more appropriate. One in five homes will
be hit by burglars. Some neighborhoods are more vulnerable than others. Things
like missing or insufficient lighting, open garage doors, unlocked doors, and
open windows are invitations to criminals.
Homes with alarm stickers on the
door or in the window scare off many thieves.
Another convincing deterrent is a
strong neighborhood blockwatch. A large section of homes with blockwatch signs
are much less likely to be hit.
Hopefully, you will never need the
alarm/alarm system, but what if you do? Investing a few dollars now to protect
your priceless family and your valuable
possessions is a decision only you can make.
P.S. An alarm or alarm system can help your
home's resale value - ask your realtor.
Why should I buy from you?
I began selling safety/security devices in
1977. I've seen many good, bad, and excellent security products come on the
market since then. We've chosen to "pick & choose" only the finest security &
safety tools from several manufacturers. We're also going to treat you the way
we want to be treated - fair!
Why should I read "Uninviting Burglars"?
tips" will help you make your home more secure, and you can't beat the price! The tips are part of
a complete home security plan. Whether you have an alarm system or not, these
inexpensive hints will help you keep your family more secure. You'll also
learn some things burglars don't want you to know.
Will having an alarm
system guarantee I won't be robbed?
Sorry, I can't give you any guarantees. A security plan combining security
measures and an alarm system can deter up to 98% of burglars. The other 2%
(the professionals) are generally involved in high end robberies (art,
jewelry, etc.) and they have high-tech equipment to help them defeat the most
expensive alarm systems.
What is the warranty on
It varies for different products. It will
be anywhere from 90 days to lifetime. Be sure to keep your receipt.
How do your prices compare with other sites?
Most of our items are priced less than
retail. There are a couple of other sites that sell similar (but not superior)
alarms for less. Don't let price dictate your decision.
We think we offer a better value.
The difference is our policy of
treating our customers the way we want to be treated ourselves.
When I place an order, how long before I receive
Products are normally shipped within 24
hours directly from one or more of several factories. You can expect delivery 3 to 10 business days after you order.
How does D-I-Y compare with a system from a
The idea behind all alarms and alarm
systems is to scare off burglars before they can get in.
Our alarms and alarm systems are
not hard to install. All come with easy-to-read instructions.
There is a price difference. Some
companies offer a free basic system but you might need extra units and you'll
still have a monthly monitoring fee.
We offer a couple of auto
dialers which will contact specific numbers should your alarm trigger.
Recently, due to departmental
cutbacks, some major police departments have been forced to stop responding to
unverified calls from alarm companies.
if I have other questions?
Check the "Contact
What if I have a defective
Please check the "Returns"
page. Don't forget to double check the batteries first.